BSH Home Appliances and Bosch Community Fund support Craven County organizations with $174,000 in STEM education, career readiness and environmental grants
In 2017, Bosch Community Fund awarded more than $174,000 in grants to organizations in Craven County
Seven grants will fund community education programs focused on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) and the environment
NEW BERN, N.C. – (November 28, 2017) – BSH Home Appliances and the Bosch Community Fund have selected seven Craven County, North Carolina, organizations to receive more than $174,000 in grants this year. These grants will fund community education programs focused on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) and the environment. The grant funding will enhance education programs for elementary to college-age students and encourage continued dedication to studying topics in technology, math and the sciences. [...]
“Donations from BSH Home Appliances and the Bosch Community Fund make it possible to bring STEM education to thousands of students in Craven County, inspiring these students to pursue higher education and qualify for meaningful and rewarding careers,” said Andy MacLaren, BSH Home Appliances vice president North American Dishwashing. “BSH Home Appliances has been a part of the Craven County community for the past 20 years, and investing in the communities in which we live and work is an important part of the BSH mission. We are proud to play a role in providing educational opportunities for the next generation.”
Grant recipients have similar missions to increase access to STEM education and science-based careers for young adults, while also providing resources for teacher training and development. The grants will be awarded to the following organizations:
• Boys & Girls Clubs of Coastal Carolina received $25,000 to support a four-phase STEM program at the New Bern Boys & Girls Club
• Twin Rivers YMCA received $37,809 to support a pilot of the Code Breakers STEM program hosted as part of the YMCA Afterschool Program that will serve students in nine of the 12 Craven County Schools
• Craven Community College received $29,450 to support Craven Community College's Career Programs Summer Camp, designed to introduce sixth- through ninth-grade students to various careers in manufacturing
• Craven School District received $25,790 to support Craven STEMersion, a one-week, hands-on workshop opportunity for middle and high school math, science, and Career and Technical Education teachers in Craven and Jones County Schools
• Craven School District received $25,000 to complete the funding for a Pitsco STEM Lab at Bridgeton Elementary School
• Sound Rivers received $15,020 to support the School Campus Stormwater Planning program, and will assist schools in Craven County with the management of stormwater runoff while also bringing environmental conservation into the classroom
• Pamlico Schools received $16,136 to support a makerspace at Pamlico High School, providing students with hands-on STEM learning experiences
Over the past 20 years, BSH Home Appliances, one of the largest employers in North Carolina, has been manufacturing kitchen appliances in Craven County. These are the first BSH Home Appliances and Bosch Community Fund grants awarded in Craven County.
The Bosch Community Fund provides grants in U.S. communities where Bosch has locations. Annually, the Bosch Community Fund awards up to $5 million in grants to organizations invited to participate in the program.
Phone: +1 310-572-5361
About the Bosch Community Fund
The Bosch Community Fund, a U.S.-based foundation established in September 2011, has awarded more than $15.5 million in grants to various 501(c)(3) organizations and educational institutions. The BCF focuses primarily on the enrichment of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education and the advancement of environmental sustainability initiatives.
About BSH Home Appliances Corporation
BSH Home Appliances Corporation manufactures and markets small and major home appliances that are known across North America for their high-quality and superior innovation. BSH sells its Gaggenau, Thermador and Bosch branded products throughout North America, through distributors, independent appliance dealers, national and regional retailers, builders and large buying groups. BSH Home Appliances Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of BSH Hausgeräte GmbH, headquartered in Munich, Germany, the largest manufacturer of home appliances in Europe and one of the leading companies in the sector worldwide. Manufacturing facilities are located in New Bern, North Carolina, and La Follette, Tennessee. BSH Technology and Development Centers are located in Knoxville and Caryville, Tennessee and New Bern, North Carolina.
Link copied to clipboard
BSH Hausgeräte GmbH is a globally leading company in the home appliance sector with revenue of approximately € 13.1 billion in 2016 and more than 58,000 employees. BSH manufactures its products at around 40 factories and is represented by over 80 companies in approximately 50 countries.Back to article overview